Raised beds are perfect for backyards, decks, and porches. The planting box is set just high enough to eliminate the need to bend or reach into your garden, no more kneeling required.
The design is sturdy enough for all your garden needs. Aluminum corners stabilize the naturally rot-resistant cedar boards.
With 16’ square feet of planting space, plant an entire kitchen garden right outside your home. The soil depth is 10”, which is deep enough to plant the larger garden plants such as zucchini, tomatoes, and peppers as well as greens and herbs.
Helpful Hint: Plant taller vegetables in the back of the container so as not to shade shorter plants, unless less sunlight is required.
Not into vegetables…
==> Create a living space on your patio or porch by filling the box with an assortment of your favorite flowers.
- Easy assembly
- Cedar with aluminum corners and imported fabric liner
- 96″ L x 24″ W x 29″ H
- 16’ square feet of planting space
- Holds approx. 13 cubic feet (329 dry quarts) of potting container mix (sold separately)
- Recommend 17- 20 quart bags of Vermont Compost Fort Vee
- Please note that planter boxes cannot hold regular garden soil, topsoil, sand, clay or rocks
- Vents for air flow and moisture reduction with excess water draining through slats
- Includes planting guide
Raised Garden Beds & Intensive Gardening
Prefer planting your organic seedlings in your organic garden….
Prepare a raised garden bed………
Note: DO NOT plant your seedlings without considering the pests in your garden. I underestimated the “slug count’ this year. Here’s a picture of my raised bed of brussels sprout seedlings. They’ve been severely damaged by the slugs this year.
==> Solution: Sluggo or any type of slug repellent that contains Iron Phosphate!